Radical '80s Party
Radical Eighties Party
To be a radical 1980s party host, create a '80s ambiance with a '80s mix CD playing softly, '80s decor (i.e. '80s movie posters, etc.), and '80s movies without the audio (i.e. Pretty in Pink, Weird Science,
etc.) if there is a television in the party room.
In the '80s, arcade games became the rave. If you lived in the '80s, you likely had a Nintendo Entertainment System as it had 90% of the American video game market by the end of the decade!
Computers hit the scene in homes and as a complete industry as the IBC PC launched in 1981. Commodore 64 was another popular home item although it had minimal capabilities for home users.
The Music Scene was definitely unique as the use of keyboards came into play (New Wave or Synthpop) and MTV hit the scene. The following artists were popular in the 1980s:
Guns N' Roses
Clothing was colorful to say the least. Sweatshirt dresses with matching bold-colored leggings, parachute pants, big plastic bangles, and member's only jackets were extremely popular!
* 411 - information
* Ace - best; awesome; terrific.
* Airhead - A stupid or unaware person; moron,
* Amped -totally excited about something.
* B.F.F. - Best Friends Forever.
* Bag/Baggin Bag - to talk down on a person.
* 'Bag Your Face!' - Shut Up!
* Bangin' - Awesome
* Barf Me Out- expletive - you hate it
* Betty - girl
* Big Time - Awesome
* Bimbette - a girl who is stupid, an airhead
* Bitch'n (Bitchin')-very cool
* Bite Me! - Get Lost, Go Away
* Bohunk -dumb, large jock.
* Bombdigity - awesome
* Bomb - Something favorable.
* Book - Leave, get out
* Bootleg - not the real thing
* Boss -excellent, superior.
* Bounce -Means to get out of here, leave
* Boy Toy - a cute guy that dates older woman.
* Skater-someone who acts like they're working
hard, but they are hardly working.
* Buggin' - When someone is acting out or
doing something stupid,loosing one's mind
* Bulk - very good
* Bunk - Not cool.
* Burn Out - A druggie; someone who smokes
cigarettes/doesnt care about themselves i.e. in
general a derogatory term
* Butt Ugly - Unattractive
* Can you relate? - Do you get it?
* Chill (Take a Chill Pill) - Relax
* Choice - Extremely cool
* Clutch - cool
* Chillin' - Relaxing
* Cornchip - a punk or new wave look.
* Couch Potato - Someone who sits in front of
the TV on their couch or sofa.
* Cowabunga - Surf term,get ready here we
go/up for the challenge.
* Crunk -Somthing that is cool or hip.
* D.I.N.K. - To descibe a married couple. Dual
Income No Kids
* Dag Spanky! - Wow!
* Dang Skippy! - Strong affirmation or
* Dank - Really good
* Deadly - Wickedly cool
* Dexter - Smart, kinda preppy, but not overly
* Diesel -Cool, awsome, radical, basically
something very good
* Ditz - A less harsh way of describing a person
who is not very smart.
* Down - In agreement.
* Doy (Doi) - Short for "No duh" or "no doy".
* Dyno - Short for dynamite; a response to
something one is looking forward to.
* Eat My Shorts - Phrase used as a comeback.
Heavily in use in the 80's and also used on
TV's 'The Simpsons'.
* Fer Sure - Obviously, Of course
* Fine - cute, a hot guy or girl
* Flash - Cool, awesome
* Freaked Out (Freak Out) - scared, excited
* Freak - a hottie who likes to have fun
* Gag me with a spoon - expletive - you hate it
* Gamer -avid video game player
* Glam - An object or a person who is
glamorous. Either for positive or negative use.
* Goth/Gothic - someone who likes the cure,
skinny puppy & ministry
* Grill - teeth, smile, or ask a lot of questions
* Grindage - food
* Grody - Gross
* Hacker -Computer genius. In 'WarGames',
Mathew Broderick played a hacker.
* Hairdog - Someone who sports a 'mullet' or a
really big permed 'mall' hair doo.
* Happen'n - Very cool; up-to-date or current
* Head Banger -Fan of heavy metal music.
* Metalheads - someone who listened to rock
and dressed the part
* Homefry -a close, or best, friend.
* Hotdogger - surfer.
* In the Mix - Cool.
* Jams - Songs, Music
* Joanie -A boring, not-so-hip girl. From the 70s
and 80s show 'Happy Days', specifically, Joanie
Cunningham (Erin Moran), the unhip girl of the
* Kicker -A kicker is a hick; a cowboy. they drive
trucks with grill gaurds and wear wrangler jeans.
* Kirk Out -To really freak out, get super angry
or crazy about something
* Legit -It means legitimate, legal, honest, or a
sure deal, or the real McCoy.
* Mega - cool, good
* Mental - someone or something stupid or
* Mondo - Cool; nice; neat.
* Most Triumphant - excellent or above average.
* Narc -Tattle tale or sell out. "Don't narc me
out man." "He told the teacher, he's a narc."
* New Wave -A type of heavily synthesized pop
music performed by groups like A Flock of
Seagulls, Duran Duran, The Busboys,
Thompson Twins and Eurasure.
* Noob -A new person to a game; a loser.
* O-rama - Suffix you affix to a word to describe
the whole spectrum of the meaning.
* Ooglay -Extremely ugly.
* Pac-Man -A person with a voracious (and
often humongous) appetite; one that will eat
EVERYTHING *edible* in sight!
* Ralph - To throw up.
* Righteous -Same as awesome or cool.
* Schweet -Sweet
* Shiz Nits (Schiznick) - awesome
* Shred/Shredding/Shredded - good music or
skateboarding / surfing
* Sick - Cool
* Skeezer - a girl who is always all over popular
* Space Cadet - Airhead, Ditz.
* Spazzing - Overly excited. An exaggeration of
* Spiffy (Spiff) - cool, awsome
* Sportin' - To wear an article of clothing or to
wear your hair a certain way.
* Sprung - Totally in love, infatuated.
* Stud -A very good looking guy.
* Tight -Really cool.
* Totally Tubular - awesome
* Trippin' - Verb, Acting in an unbelievable
* Wastoid -a waste of space, a loser. Emilio
Estevez calls Judd Nelson a wastoid in The
* What's Crackalackin'? -What's goin on.
What's happening. Rhetorical greeting.
* Where's the Beef! -Expression used to show
one is being ripped off or shorted.
*Wigging/Wig-out -Someone that is freaking out.